The first Harrow Way Guarantee Graduation took place on Monday 10th July. Year 8 students, after reaching the end of the two years, received their certificate and badges for grades pass, merit or distinction. Students kept a record of evidence on their own personal blogs, which was moderated by a group of student digital leaders and then staff judged each blog to give their final grading.
The Guarantee aims to develop students in the following areas:
- Personal development such as being able to show good manners
- Performance such as presentation skills
- Enrichment opportunities such as residential experience.
- The curriculum such as extended homework projects
- Contribution to society such as community work
- Involvement in the wider life of the school such as contributing to organising/running a school event.