Students begin with the familiar local area in Year 7 and progress to regional, national and global scale increasing the depth and precision of study. Emphasis is placed on the acquisition of geographical skills and map-reading techniques, use of aerial photographs and satellite imagery as well as data handling and GIS are all incorporated into the course.
- Wonders of the World – including world countries and key physical and human characteristics.
- Africa – focusing on the diversity of this amazing continent.
- China – where we focus on the physical geography of the country and it’s population.
- Global Habitats – where we compare diverse locations whilst looking at soils and biomes of each.
- The Geography of the UK – where we learn about our natural landscape and how humans have changed the UK to as we know it today.
- Rivers – allows us to look at the features of rivers and the changing landscapes that they create.